Dental Hygiene for Dental Implants
Duration: 2 hours
Organized by: Brodine Prosthodontic Seminars
Location: Prosthodontic office, Dr. Alan H. Brodine multi-media seminar room
220 Linden Oaks, Suite 340, Rochester, N.Y. 14625
Participants: Doctor(s) and Hygienists
Free seminar – 2 CE credits – 1 Office at a time
Call to schedule 585-248-8580. Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Does your team know how to provide optimal prophylaxis and home care instructions for caring for dental implants?
This course aims to update and augment current knowledge of both professional oral hygiene and patient oral hygiene for dental implants.
- Understand the difference between peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis.
- Understand peri-implantitis diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Scaling instruments for implants.
- Recall interval for implants.
- Patient oral hygiene methods for dental implants.
- Radiographs for implants.
- Implant gingival evaluation for dental implants.
- Periodontal probing of dental implants.
- Implant occlusion evaluation at recall.
- Hygiene and maintenance of dental implants.
Faculty — Alan H. Brodine, DMD
Dr. Alan Brodine is a Board Certified Prosthodontist and has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics since 1991.
He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Rochester and teaches in the Prosthodontic Residency training programs at:
- University of Rochester
- University of Texas
- University of Tennessee
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Navy
Dr. Brodine is:
- A Fellow in the American College of Prosthodontists
- A Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- A Fellow in the American College of Dentists
- A Fellow in the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Past-President of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Brodine has made more than 100 invited presentations at national and international venues and has authored numerous papers in major Prosthodontic journals.
Dr. Brodine has maintained a private practice Limited to Prosthodontics in Rochester, N.Y., since 1988. He spends 80% of his time in private practice and 20% of his time teaching.
In addition, Dr. Brodine formed Brodine Prosthodontic Seminars in 2003 to help Dentists master specific Prosthodontic and Dental Implant skills.