Sinus Elevation Bone Grafting
Course date: Call for dates
Duration: 1 Day
Location: Prosthodontic office, Dr. Alan H. Brodine
Multi-media seminar room
220 Linden Oaks, Suite 340, Rochester, N.Y. 14625
Participants: Doctors (minimum 6, maximum 12)
CE credits: 8 hours
This course is aimed at teaching clinicians who are already experienced in implant placement surgery the techniques and skills necessary for performing sinus elevation bone grafting. Didactic and surgical video demonstration teaching methods are used. Each participant receives a procedures manual of surgical protocols and supporting scientific literature, as well as DVDs of live surgeries performed in prior seminars.
- Anatomy and physiology of the maxillary sinus and related structures
- Patient evaluation; case selection; treatment planning
- Radiographic evaluation
- Medical history/medical management; medications/prescriptions
- Materials and instrumentation
- Surgical protocols:
- Lateral window sinus elevation
- Sinus floor augmentation through the implant osteotomy
- Lateral window sinus elevation with simultaneous implant placement
- Suturing tips
- Time frames for bone growth and implant placement
- Complications: prevention and management
Faculty — Alan H. Brodine, DMD
Dr. Alan Brodine is a Board Certified Prosthodontist and has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics since 1991.
He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Rochester and teaches in the Prosthodontic Residency training programs at:
- University of Rochester
- University of Texas
- University of Tennessee
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Navy
Dr. Brodine is:
- A Fellow in the American College of Prosthodontists
- A Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- A Fellow in the American College of Dentists
- A Fellow in the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Past-President of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Brodine has made more than 100 invited presentations at national and international venues and has authored numerous papers in major Prosthodontic journals.
Dr. Brodine has maintained a private practice Limited to Prosthodontics in Rochester, N.Y., since 1988. He spends 80% of his time in private practice and 20% of his time teaching.
In addition, Dr. Brodine formed Brodine Prosthodontic Seminars in 2003 to help Dentists master specific Prosthodontic and Dental Implant skills.
Refunds and Cancellations
All seminars are refundable up to 15 days prior to the seminar date, less a $100 processing fee, unless the participant has received the seminar notebook and DVDs by mail for prior course study in which case the seminar fee is not refundable.
Cancellations 15 days or less prior to the seminar date, fees are refunded at 50%. For cancellations 7 days or less prior to the seminar date, 100% of fees are forfeited. Fees paid may be transferred to a future available seminar within 12 months, one time only per participant. Dr. Brodine reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars with advance notification to the participants. In such event, seminar fees will be refunded in full, or transferred to a future date at the participant’s discretion. Submission of a registration form serves as acknowledgement and understanding of this policy by the registrant.