Current Study Club Members
Prosthodontic and Dental Implant Study Club
7:00 – 7:20 p.m. — Dental Literature Evaluation
7:20 – 8:15 p.m. — Case Presentations/ Treatment Planning Discussion
8:15 – 9:00 p.m. — Lecture
How to participate in each Study Club meeting online
- Dr. Brodine will e-mail each online Study Club member a link to use for logging into the Study Club meeting
- Interact in real time with Rochester group during Study Club meetings by asking questions, and presenting your cases via digital photos and radiographs and verbal explanation for treatment planning discussion
- View the recorded Study Club meeting later that month if you miss the LIVE meeting
- Receive your continuing education certificate via e-mail after attending the LIVE Study Club meeting online
What equipment is needed
- Computer with high speed internet connection
- Telephone near your computer
- Free download of Adobe Flash Player
One Monday of each month: September – May
For a complete listing of meeting dates this year, please consult our calendar on the Professional Seminars page.
CE Credit: Two hours lecture per study club meeting
Program Provider: Brodine Prosthodontic Seminars
Contact: Brodine Prosthodontics Phone Number 585-248-8580
Fees: $560 Annual Dues to be remitted at time of registration
Meeting for two hours one evening per month, September through May, this small group study club focuses on prosthodontic and dental implant case presentations and treatment planning discussions. The group also reviews at least one article per month from the prosthodontic and dental implant literature as a means of learning evidence-based literature evaluation. Dr. Alan Brodine serves as mentor for the group, and he presents a lecture on a prosthodontic or dental implant topic that has been requested by group members. In addition, one study club meeting per month is connected to the web for participation of online study club members, and a video recording is made available online for those who were unable to attend or those who wish to review the information discussed.
- Provide organized evaluation of the prosthodontic and dental implant literature
- Provide a forum for prosthodontic and dental implant case presentations and treatment planning discussions
- Provide lectures on prosthodontic and dental implant topics of interest to the study club members
About Alan Brodine, DMD
Alan Brodine, DMD, became a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics in 1991. Dr. Brodine’s current academic appointments include: University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health Prosthodontic Residency Clinical Assistant Professor, Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center Prosthodontic Residency Consultant, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio Prosthodontic Residency Consultant, and United States Navy Dental School Prosthodontic Residency Consultant, Bethesda. He is also past president of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry. Dr. Brodine has made more than 90 invited presentations at numerous national and international venues and is also a published author in the Journal of Prosthodontic Dentistry. His clinical experience includes a general practice residency and four additional years of general practice in the United States Army from 1981-1986. Dr. Brodine has maintained a private practice limited to prosthodontics in Rochester, N.Y. since 1988. In addition, Dr. Brodine formed Brodine Prosthodontic Seminars in 2003 to help dentists master specific prosthodontic and dental implant skills.
Refunds and Cancellations
All seminars are refundable up to 45 days prior to the seminar date, less a $100 processing fee, unless the participant has received the seminar notebook and DVDs by mail for prior course study in which case the seminar fee is not refundable. Cancellations 45 days or less prior to the seminar date, fees are refunded at 50%. For cancellations 7 days or less prior to the seminar date, 100% of fees are forfeited. Fees paid may be transferred to a future available seminar within 12 months, one time only per participant. Dr. Brodine reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars with advance notification to the participants. In such event, seminar fees will be refunded in full, or transferred to a future date at the participant’s discretion. Submission of a registration form serves as acknowledgement and understanding of this policy by the registrant.