Silica based ceramics (feldspathic, leucite-reinforced, lithium disilicate):
- Try-in restoration. Adjust as needed
- Hydrofluoric-acid etching
- Silane coupling agent
- Composite resin
Non-silica-based (alumina and zirconia):
- Goodacre CJ, Campagni WV, Aquilino SA. Tooth preparations for complete crowns: An art form based on scientific principles. J Prosthet Dent 2001;85:363-376.
- Blatz MB, Alvarez M, Sawyer K, Brindis M. How to Bond Zirconia: The APC Concept. Compend 2016;37(9):611-618.
- Sulaiman TA, Altak A, Awab A, Rodgers B, Lawson N. Cleaning Zirconia Surface Prior to Bonding: A Comparative Study of Different Methods and Solutions. J Prosthodont 2022;3:239-244.
- Malament KA, Margvelashvili-Malament M, Natto ZS et al. Comparison of 16.9-year survival of pressed acid etched e.max lithium disilicate class ceramic complete and partial coverage restorations in posterior teeth: Performance and outcomes as a function of tooth position, age, sex, and thickness of ceramic material. J Prosthet Dent 2020; In press.
Apr 22nd, 2022
Posted in Bonding | Comments Off on Bonding Protocols for Indirect All-Ceramic Restorations